About Me
- The Millers
- League City, Texas
- Our adventure as we get trek through parenthood.
August 22, 2010
Brand new pencils, brand new books.....
I realize that we've skipped a few weeks...not only in blog, but I'm sorry to announce also in pictures. :(
Setting up classrooms and preparing for this school year has taken over the Miller household. We're both moving, full swing, back into the stressful and long days. Tomorrow we see our students! Since I'm looping with my students from last year, my time preparing has been much easier. I already know what to expect, the paperwork is easy to read and decipher (because I'm the one who wrote it last year) and while I'll be learning a new curriculum and age group, I feel like I have a pretty good grasp going into the year. Nate is teaching the same Algebra 1 class he taught last year, with the additions of Algebra Prep (the extra-practice class that goes along with Algebra 1) and Advanced Mathematical Decision Making class (a new one to the district. Only for seniors and focusing on real-world math). He's stressing a little bit about having two new preps added to his work load.
We took a few pictures of our classrooms to show off the hard work of preparing this last week. Here's what new and exciting in Nate's room:
To promote college awareness, all of the teachers decorated their doors from their Alma Maters. We had a bit of trouble here since we really couldn't wait to get out of Kent State. We didn't collect spirit beads or pom-poms, so his door is only what die-cuts and construction paper could do. :)
I didn't get a good picture of the inside of his room, so imagine what the rest looks like if you extended the left side of the photo...
Nate was real excited to be allowed to paint his room. It's so sterile with only white walls. He took some left-over paint from the house and painted this accent wall. We're planning to move my old futon out of the nursery and against the wall to make his room an inviting place for the students to hang out.
And here's my room. The goal was to make a place where I can do all my teaching with the least amount of standing as possible. I'm figuring I can just scoot around on a rollie chair. We'll see how it goes.
My hallway bulletin board. The fifth grade team all used these frogs with cutsey sayings. "'Toad'ally awesome," "Welcome to our pad," "Hopping for a 'frog'tastic year" and so on... with only 3 homeroom students, my board is much smaller. :)
And in baby news....
This last week has been a week of "firsts." My first time to not be able to close ANY of my pants, the first time to coordinate the color of my Bella Band with my outfit, the first stranger asking me when I'm due, and the FIRST TIME TO FEEL BABY MOVEMENTS!! We went for my 4th month OB appointment and Dr. Rivero was very surprised that I could feel the baby move so early. She actually didn't believe me until the doppler sounds of movement aligned to when I felt the movement. Baby's strong and healthy! Praise God! Although, today the bean is sitting on a ligament above my left hip...that's no fun. Nate and I were on worship team today and as we're signing (and I'm trying to play keyboard), I'm losing feeling in my left leg from the baby pressure and the "bubbles" of movement under my belly button. I have faith that means this little one knows the power of worship in the presence of the Holy Spirit. :)
Daisy was begging for attention during this week's photo session. Sitting and whining for me to pet her. What a girl....
Here's the bean at 17 weeks, mommy just showered and wasn't about to change out of pjs for the picture. Don't judge me. :)
Tomorrow I have to leave school a bit early for my cardiologist appointment (3:30 our time). This is when they'll do the heart ultrasound. My week of wearing the heart monitor ended Thursday! HOORAY! We mailed that back to the company for them to analyze the recording. Not sure when we'll hear back about that, but I'll update everyone when we find out. I wonder a little bit if I could talk the technician tomorrow into getting a peek at the babe...i mean, while the equipment is out and everything. He he.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








You felt the baby!!!! Isn't it the most beautiful wonderful thing ever! :) It is the part of pregnancy I always miss the most. :) Just wait until you can feel it from the outside Nate - it will rock your world. :) I would sit on couch just mesmerized by all the strange contortions of my belly. :)
ReplyDeleteYour rooms look great! I'll be thinking about you guys tomorrow as you start the school year - and for the appointment.
Isn't it amazing to feel that little baby moving inside you! Treasure every moment...I miss that feeling. You look adorable as can be..even in your jammies! I miss you all so much. Make sure that you get enough rest, especially now with your school year in full swing! Hannah and Tyler pray for you and the little bean every night. We love you and miss you!
ReplyDelete