About Me

My photo
League City, Texas
Our adventure as we get trek through parenthood.

October 17, 2010

"Not Your Ordinary Run-of-the-Mill Leg Cramps!"

I borrowed this line from this week's baby calendar updated (on the right of the blog). Ironically, that has also been the theme of my week! OWIE! I get them in the middle of the night and wake up screaming in pain! Nate, who I couldn't wake from a deep sleep if I really tried, has woken up the past few times in panic thinking I'm in labor... yep, it's that bad. Anyone have some advice for easing the pain? I've heard bananas and milk to boost my potassium and calcium? I've also started the long trek of not sleeping due to back pains...at least that I can justify as getting my body ready for the lack of sleep that comes with a newborn. In fact, if I get more than 5 hours of sleep a night, I feel overtired the next day. Ha ha! 






We had the bean's 6 month appointment this week. Everything looks great! My protein remains at normal levels, so my kidneys haven't been an issue! Praise God! My heart's been normal - no more scares. Dr. Rivero had the hardest time finding the little guy with the Doppler because he kept moving and hiding his little heart from us. It was real surprising to hear how strong (and loud) the beat was when she was finally able to catch him! So far, everything looks great! I've gained about 20 pounds! Every time I try on an outfit, I sing the "fat guy in a little coat" song to myself...it keeps me from feeling real down about not fitting into my clothes...a big deal for me because I LOVE my clothes! I tell Nate it's just another "shopping opportunity." :) Little by little I'm adding to the wardrobe. One of my friends from church was telling me about a blog she found that shows you how to make your own maternity pants by cutting out the waistband and sewing in the bottom of an old t-shirt. So, I'm toying around that idea. Especially for the jeans I can get for $1 at garage sales.

Nate very graciously devoted his Sunday night last week to helping me paint the nursery! WOO HOO!! It looks GREAT!! I spent the rest of the week putting up the alphabet letters and bird mobile. We are ready for baby!!





 I'm real relieved to have the nursery almost done because things at school are going to start picking up pace fairly quickly for me. A lot of things coming due and lots to prepare before leaving for 12 weeks. It's kinda like cramming the almost 10 months of teacher work into 7 months (really more like 5, since May and June are more pretty much a downhill ride at the end of the year). I still need to finish my work for leave (assessments prepared, reports written, lessons planned, IEP meetings had) even if I'm not physically there to implement it. Between tomorrow and Nov 8th I have IEP meetings for 4 of my 5 kids. It's a lot to prepare in a short amount of time. Be praying for me, this is the most stressful part of my job and the part that takes me away from teaching the kids the most. :(

Nate's doing well! He's out right now at a coffee shop finishing up his weekly Lamar classwork. Bumming about the Browns and Buckeyes this week. He's still teaching night school twice a week on Monday and Wednesday nights. His last class will be November 17th, right before our Thanksgiving break. We officially bought our tickets and will be in Ohio from November 20th - 26th. We're looking to spend the first part of the week in Sugarcreek and later part in Cleveland. We're so excited to see everyone!! I'm so ready for hugs, kisses, belly rubs and lots of laughter with our precious families!! :)
 

 

1 comment:

  1. The nursery looks so fun! I just love the colors and the alphabet around the top is very cool. I think it's crazy that you can still wear normal jeans! Don't be down about not being able to wear your clothes....your body is changing in wonderful ways...embrace it! As far as the leg cramps....yep bananas and stretching...that's about it! I love you and can't wait to see you at Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete